Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wake Up!

Today’s posting is about absolutely nothing.  I am just typing so I will not fall asleep in my office.  I wish naptimes were mandatory for adults.  A good 30 minute cat nap would do me a world of good right now.  I took a 15 minute doze in the car right after lunch.  I couldn’t get comfortable though. 
I REALLY need to pay a visit to my shoe cobbler soon.  I have 3 pairs of shoes that are in need of repair, but he closes at 6:00 and I can’t get there in time after work. 
I am buying myself a sewing machine for b-day/Christmas present.  Another one of my big ideas……….but I would like to be able to sew my own hems in my pants.  Do you know the cleaners charge me $12?  And apparently I’m short because all of my pants have to be hemmed.  I know I spend close to $120 a year on hems, buttons and ravellings!!!! 
I’m going to ask my optometrist to give me my contact prescription so I can get it filled at LensCrafters.  I thought it would be easier for the optometrist office to do it, since they are closer and have all my info, but it has been over a week since I ordered and they have yet to call me and tell me they are in.  LensCrafters always had them in stock;  it just took them forever to ring up.
I already have my Christmas tree up.  Since I spend most of the Holidays travelling or in Mississippi, I don’t get to enjoy decorations at my own house.  So this year I put them up early so I will have some time to celebrate  J
I am getting false eyelashes today; it will be my first time trying.  Just want to test it out.  I hope it doesn’t become like waxing eyebrows and getting nails done……those things used to be a novelty for me.  Now it’s part of my regular beauty routine.  That adds up to close to $100 a month.  Ridiculous.
I am addicted to Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash.  I wish they sold it throughout the year and not just around the holidays. 
I can’t text pics with my iPhone.  I really need to have the iPhone/AT&T people check that out. 
I am really thankful for people who have served our country in the military/armed forces.  And to their families who have made the sacrifice with them.  I don’t think I could do it. 
How did I get a credit with Piedmont Natural Gas?  I think they have made a mistake.  Hadn’t paid a bill in 2 months and it still has credit.  I am scared of the day they find out it was a mistake and try to make me pay back. 
I would go back to school to get my PhD if the stipend wasn’t so low.  My living expenses/bills/lifestyle can’t sustain on the pay cut for those3 to 5 yrs.   Why aren’t there part time PhD business programs? 

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are hilarious! I feel you on the hem thing! You know that I'm short, but at least I can shop in the petite section. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's got you thinking of chasing your PhD? i've wanted one myself, but my reasons suck. what would you do with yours - wanna be an MBA prof?

    ReplyDelete