Monday, March 19, 2012

#I Can't

OK, let me start by saying that this is one of those stories where you had to be there or you need to see an re-enactment to FULLY understand.  One of the most comical evenings I've experienced.  So here goes.....

It was a warm night, the beginning of spring.  The time of year when all are eager to pull out their maxi dresses and open toe shoes.  Which means it was DEFINITELY a good night to sit out on the patio at Sullivan's for their Thursday night jazz and Happy Hour. So a group of us met out there ready to have a good time and celebrate friends, blessings and Spring!!  Little did we know that pure comedy and foolishness would follow us there.  I would have to say it started with the early crew,  my friends that got there right after work.  By the time I arrived, they had already been there for a couple of hours and were a few drinks in......and it showed :)  From some one getting buff in a week to borrowing your little brother's shirt, the jokes were flowing.  All in good fun.  Things started picking up a bit when I did what I am known to do best, attract old men.  I don't know what it is about me, but they LOVE me and can pick me out of a crowd.  I promise.  So I'm sitting at the table, chit chatting among friends and my older gentleman suitor, is peeking and waving at me through the glass door.  I smile and wave back.......first mistake.  He keeps peeking and looking but I don't make any more gestures towards him.  But as I make a run for the ladies room, he stops me to have a conversation.  At first it is all innocent, but then he gets on his "mack" game.  After he gives me his card, and assuring he will see me again so there is no need to exchange numbers, I leave and head back to my table.  Once there, we notice that our friend has been missing for a while.  We give it no thought for a while but after several minutes pass by, people become worried.  They check the restaurant and the bathrooms to see if she is there....no sign of her.  We call her cell phone and text her, no response.  Patrons of Sullivan's and even my older gentleman friend, notice that we are perplexed and a bit worried so they help in the search of our missing friend.  We are only seconds short of putting an APB out on her.  We decide to go to the valet and see if her car is still there...if it is, we are convinced that she has been kidnapped.  We go outside to the valet, and for some reason I still can't figure out, 5 of us go outside to check.  It really wouldn't have taken all 5 of us, especially the older gentleman because he didn't even know what she looked like or what kind of car she drove.  So as we are out there approaching the valet, one member of the search team exclaims "AWWWW HELL NALL"   huh? wait a minute? what happened?  "SHE'S RIGHT THERE"  As it turns out, she is sitting in a car chit chatting with mutual friend.  Again, once we realize she is fine, you would think we would take a sigh of relief and go back inside.  But no, ALL of us approach the car LOUDLY exclaiming how worried we were.  The other passenger in the car looked frightened.  She eventually got out of the car and apologized for having us worried.  You know how it is when you get to talking.  We go back to the table to close out our checks and leave for the night, because we have literally shut the place down.  As we are exiting, there is a group of gentlemen leaving with us.  They are an odd bunch to say the least.  One is reminiscent of Rick Ross and the other had on 3 shades of white...white pants, dingy shirt and cream blazer.  They have become exceptionally loud and obnoxious.  So of course I capture their attention.  "3 Shades" comments on my clothes and is trying to persuade me to come to Dharma, the after party spot.  I am trying to relay in a firm but nice manner, because I am scared of crazy people, that I am going home and goodnight. Well he insists on dragging me to "Ricky Ross" car and to have a seat.  As he is taking me to car, my friend who is also waiting on valet, shakes her head and says "i can't"  Clearly, this was her limit of foolishness for the night.  I sit in the car, or should I say was MADE to sit in car, but I keep my legs on the pavement in case I have to make a run for it.  Ricky Rozay is puffing the smokiest cigar I have ever seen and decides that it's time to get the party started and cranks the radio to the max.  The car parked right next to us is the scene of the crime from my missing friend earlier.  They are still in the car chit chatting.....one is mouthing am I okay and the other is laughing her head off.  I am fine.  They are crazy but seem harmless.  I "raise the roof" a couple of times to the music that is blaring.  I'm too close to really hear it all that well, but it has a familiar beat.  Wait?  hold on a minute....is it? It can't be?  Are the really singing along?  Is this their jam?  Last night a DJ saved my life.....are you freaking kidding me??  They are bumping "last night a DJ saved my life" in the parking lot at Sullivan's steakhouse like its Freaknik or something.  What thug blasts that song anyway?  I make my escape when their part comes on and they are overcome with emotion.  As I am about to make my escape, I notice that my friend has gotten her car from valet and rolls off shaking her head.  Last words.......I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment