Friday, October 12, 2012

My Birthday is Approaching.......

My 33rd birthday is in December so I'm reposting this as a "note to self"......I do this as I am writing about mixed messages women send : 0


30 Things I Learned by 30

1. If you have a problem, come with a solution ~ otherwise no one cares
2. Quiet time is PRICELESS
3. Pay yourself first – spiritually, emotionally, financially
4. Crying and laughing is good for the soul
5. God has a flair for the dramatics and a wicked sense of humor
6. The best relationships are the ones you approach with what you can give, not what you can get
7. Paying tithes truly increases your finances
8. Family can be defined by more than blood
9. There is strength and courage in walking away
10. When a man tells you who he is, believe him – thanks Maya A.
11. I have better things to do with my time than clean my house
12. No one really cares what you look like in your swimsuit
13. Gas stations are NOT the place to meet potential life mates
14. A smile goes a long way
15. I do not need to be accessible all the time
16. You can only pretend for so long, eventually the truth comes out
17. God created 8:30 services for football Sundays
18. Pray Until Something Happens
19. Personal business is just that; personal
20. Stuff happens. All the time. To everybody. Not just you. Deal with it.
21. Business casual is not a dress code
22. There’s nothing better for confidence than a good pair of jeans
23. Investing in a 401(k), VUL, IRA, money market account, & savings account is sexy
24. Spending a little money to get your clothes altered to fit and your shoes fixed goes a long way
25. Silence is the best negotiation, information gathering ,anger diffusing and ignorance defense tactic there is
26. Even if it means that my hair is going to look a mess, I’m hitting the gym!
27. I can’t vacation or shop with everyone and I can’t stay in just any hotel; I have a little bourgeoisie in me
28. Never tell your family how much or little money you make; just asking for trouble
29. Use every day of vacation time you get; EVERYDAY – thanks H. Mapp
30. I can go out to eat, go to the movies, travel and go out by myself and LOVE it

No comments:

Post a Comment