Monday, May 13, 2013

Girlfriends Talk

Ok....so you know how we ladies are?  We can turn a 5 minute occurrence into a 2 hr. conversation.....it's just in our nature, generally speaking.  But I wanna bring up a couple of observations, proclamations and questions that were ignited by a conversation I had with a girlfriend recently.  Nothing deep or any insightful take aways, just some random musings and my thoughts on a particular subject.  Humor me :0

1.  If every time we go out, you're on the hunt for a dude, I'm not hanging with you anymore.  LOL!  I'm all for being open to every opportunity and making yourself available but I can't be with you looking thirsty.....just not a good look.  AND, I am a horrible wing girl.  I'm half blind so I can't tell if he's looking at you or cute, and I will wander off and run my mouth with any random......*shrug*

2.  Yes, I am  a girly girl and am all excited that you met a cute dude and ya'll have been talking on the phone, but let's limit this story to the 10 min it deserves and MOVE on.  Let me know more after ya'll have been on 3 or more dates.  Then we can chit chat. 

3.  So ok, we want to make sure we're dressed appropriately, I understand that.  But the most detail needed is cute top and jeans or after work clothes........you should be able to figure out all the rest.  Is it ok to wear a dress?  if you want to....what about colored jeans? if you want to..... you wearing sandals or heels? i guess so....... And not to be rude, but I am not a fashionista.  The dress code I will give is either casual chic, work clothes, formal or dressy.  Now I will offer my opinion on appropriateness, accents and shoes and such, but if we're asking long maxi or short sundress....I mean really?  does it matter?  We're just going out for dinner and drinks.....

4.  So he didn't call back.....Ok, he wasn't interested.  I am NOT the one to go into a long detailed convo about all the things it could have been, or what you did or what he did.  Not if ya'll were just hanging out.  Now, if it was something more serious, then I will definitely give the appropriate shoulder to cry on and encouragement.  But if he just stopped calling, he wasn't interested.  Let's just say "that punk.....don't know what he's missing.  Yeah girl!"  and MOVE on.  Seriously

5.  We're having dinner and the WHOLE conversation  is about how you need to lose weight and how good men are hard to find.....I'm not eating with you anymore.  LOL!  And I'm not saying I can't talk about these things.  I'm very girly, I can talk about boys with the best of them, but I have other interests and thoughts so I can't spend the WHOLE time talking about it.  I mean, can't we talk about trashy reality T.V.?   And PLEASE, don't talk to me about dieting and losing weight.  Not in a negative way.  If you are telling me about your goal and plan, then I'm with ya!  I'm your biggest fan and encouragement.  But if you're just going to put yourself down, and talk negative about your body....I CAN'T.  More than likely I will turn into Dr. Phil and ask you who made you feel like you were not worthy?  Turn it into a couch session.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment