Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update #4

Ok, ok, ok……..I know, it has been a LONG time.  Wasn’t I supposed to be blogging weekly?  Whatever happened to that?  Trust me, it is not because of lack of activity……so much to catch up on.  But I can sum it up in a few simple phrases…..God has truly blessed me with wonderful people in my life  J   I have terrific  friends and am so thankful for their support, company, prayers and love. 
Here’s just a few of the events that have passed - CIAA 2011,Asheville Girl’s Trip, half marathon relay, Prince concert, karaoke & pool at Midtown Sundries,  Bobcats vs. Magic bball game
Because I wouldn’t be able to do the stories justice, I will just mention some random highlights, quotes, and lessons learned from these past 2 months from some great girlfriends and a couple of cool dudes  J
1.       You can run a mile with a broke leg.  This may come in handy as you are planning your escape route from a 3 story cabin.  Just be sure to warn the others
2.       Sometimes taking the road less traveled is not a good idea (especially if you drive a Ford Fusion and that road is red clay with SERIOUS dents and its dark in the woods……)
3.       Invest in yourself…….(a)get some real business cards made;  I’m really not going to believe you work for the IRS if you have a business card that looks like a paper coupon.  (b)get your speakers together! dj, the music you’re playing may be great, but your equipment is horrible 
4.       Johnny Gill and Eddie Murphy have been buddies since Eddie’s “Put your Mouth on Me” video.   You know this because Johnny is in the background playing a guitar, when have you ever seen Johnny Gill playing a guitar?
5.       Not everyone needs to work in customer service/hospitality…..if there have been 2 fights over a bucket of beer in the last 2 weeks, the common denominator is YOU
6.       Be very afraid of grown men who still play fight/slap box………especially if that ish goes on for 15 mins
7.       True friends do not let friends walk uptown with no shoes on in the rain……….I’m not a good friend
8.       If the security guard follows you home from the mall, be careful
9.       I am very good at talking to people who don’t know me.  They wonder in puzzlement, where do I know her from?  You don’t.
10.   Try tackling a drag queen, see what happens


Now, onto my update…….  Let’s see, I have run 2 5ks, visited my Uncle Curtis, went to Asheville – so that makes 2 trips this year, hosted a jewelry party at my house, read 5 books and went on one confirmed date.  I have also done VERY well on my exercise goals. But have fallen short on my nutritional goals.  I went and visited my fitness goal prize at the mall not too long ago, and discovered that it just doesn’t look good without the matching necklace  J  So I have to be extra committed in the upcoming months….the summer is around the corner. 
One way I have been keeping in shape is ZUMBA.  I am a helper for a ZUMBA class on Thursday evenings and have been having a BLAST!  I just ordered some ZUMBA cargos, so I will be official.  But I will be one of those people who wear the ZUMBA cargos to the grocery store and on the weekends, without even working out….SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment