Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1% Down!!!! 2% to go

Well I have done it....it's official.  I have lost 1% body fat.  WOO HOO!  I am excited, I am transforming my body into a lean, mean energy burning machine.  But here is the issue....do you know how long it took me to do it???  darn near 3 months!!!  I assumed it would take 3 weeks.  LOL!  But the articles/books/web said that it should only take a month.  The articles also told me to cut out sweets, increase my veg intake, no fried or fast foods and no alcohol.  Guess that's why it took a little longer.  But I am on my way now.  I can see the goal and I'm committed to being 3% down by October 31st.   That way, I can get my jewelry for my Christmas present : )  Maybe it will even be on SALE.......although I highly doubt it. 

I have just finished 2 great books, definite must reads!!!  The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and The Hunger Games.  Actually I have just finished 4 great books because I had to read the 2 sequels to the Hunger Games.  Also recently read A Belle in Brooklyn and enjoyed it as well.  For a brief synopsis:

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - poor black woman who died of cancer, but whose cells were "stolen" for research that lead to vaccines for polio, treatments for cancer and other life saving procedures.  But the family was not told nor asked.  While Henrietta's cells are have been reproduced to circle the Earth many times over, her family can barely afford healthcare

The Hunger Games - in a post apocalyptic America, each district must send 2 of their children to compete in hunger games, a fight to the death, to be televised for the Capital's enjoyment and to keep the districts in submission to the Capital.  Katniss, volunteers in her younger sister's place and changes the landscape of her world

A Belle in Brooklyn - relationship editor of Essence magazine talks about happily dating and single life : )

Here is my only quip with A Belle in Brooklyn, and maybe I am just hating, please let me know.  But she met and had access to a PLETHORA of desirable and eligible young black men...........maybe in New York but not down here....LOL.  Or should I say I don't run into or meet them.  I can count on one hand (ok, maybe 2) the number of uncommitted YOUNG black men I know here.  I know they are around, just not sure where they hang.  Or maybe its because I hang with a bunch of women, LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment