Friday, June 27, 2014

You Don't Have to Read This

Hey!  So I have some thoughts, opinions, observations about some current topics that I wanted to share. Nothing at all earth shattering or worth significant import, but I know ya'll wanted to know my thoughts about them, so here goes.  LOL

A few weeks ago, a pastor at a large church made a controversial statement in one of his sermons.  He stated a line from a famous philosopher of our time, Chris Brown.  This pastor quoted C.B. and said "these hoes ain't loyal"  Many people stated that this type of secular message did not belong in the church, and that the language was offensive and that it was not biblically based.  I listened to the message online and began to laugh at myself.  Why?  Because I had never really listened to this pastor before.  I have seen him and know about him, but was never inspired to actually listen to a message of his until now.  So you know what, mission accomplished.  Here's my thoughts on the subject; similar to gospel rap, I don't need the "flash" to get me to worship and pray.....but some people do.  And I am all for whatever draws you to the true message of Christ.  In listening to the pastor's message, he wasn't wrong.  He used scripture to get his message across to his audience........a room full of single women who probably struggle with this issue everyday. And from the video, they didn't seem to have a problem with it.  They were testifying and carrying on.....LOL!  So while the phrase might not have been my choice to get my message across, I believe his point was well served in getting others to listen to his message.  This may have been the only Word some one heard all day or all week or all month.....so it did not come back void.  So while your personal conviction may be this is not the church or messenger for me, for some one else, this could be the message that gets them closer to the cross.  Overall, it wasn't a big deal to me, but I understand some people's uncomfortableness.......but I couldn't understand the complete outrage.  Maybe it's just me : )


There was great internet buzz recently about a picture of a felon that was posted.  Many women left comments under the picture saying he was attractive.  This sent people up in arms.  I thought this was quite interesting because the ones who had the MOST to say about this topic were men.  They were calling these women thirsty, and loving thugs, and all manner of things.  LOL. Now I didn't read the comments of the women, and heard that there were TONS of inappropriate and crazy comments on his pic and even a fund to raise his bail.  Now THAT is extreme. And yes, that is thirsty. But what was funny to me was that guys even went up in arms by women stating a simple truth: he is a physically attractive man.  Period.  Does that mean I want him?  NO.  Does that mean I want a thug or bad boy?  NO.  Does that mean I am thirsty?  I sure hope not.....there are several men I see everyday who I think are physically attractive. Doesn't mean I want them either.  The point is, women have the ability to think a man OR woman is physically attractive and have no sexual or lustful desires towards them.  At ALL.  We also have the ability to not be attracted to some one, and over time and charm, think he is the sexiest thing alive.  LOL.  We're just weird that way. Truth be told, I always think it a shame and travesty when an intelligent, creative and attractive young black man goes to jail......because potential has been lost;  at least temporarily.


Instagram is a social media site where you can post pictures.  They range from selfies, to OOTD, to nature pics, to vacations and the whole gamut.  But 2 phenoms about IG confuse me....1) getting likes and 2) posting those who have liked your posts.  Now I understand that we are posting pics for others to see or comment or to update friends and family about our lives and special moments.  Yes, you expect some one to "like" them.  But what confuses me, are those people who state that some one is all on their IG lurking but never liking their pics.....how can you tell?  No seriously, is there an app for that?  How can you tell?  If some one is always commenting to you about the things you do and places you've been and you know they only know that thru IG, I see your point.  But otherwise, maybe my pics just don't inspire you to "like".  Maybe you are not on IG as much as I am and don't see half the pics I post.  Maybe you follow a LOT more people than I do and your timeline is flooded with activity.  And furthermore, maybe I never even noticed who didn't "like" my pics.  The second part to my confusion is that screen shot of the person who has "liked" several of your photos.  You know the one.....where they have a list of 5 pics and the follower who liked them....and they "shout out" the follower for showing them love.  The part that confuses me, is what is the person supposed to do next?  It would make me feel a bit stalkerish, LOL.  And am I supposed to "like" the pic of me "liking" all the pics?  And how does this make other followers feel who also show love?  I'm just not sure about the etiquette of IG.  I need a handbook.  LOL









No comments:

Post a Comment